{fall challenge} 10km run

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

i did it~ yay! 10km....(yes I did run the entire thing~not sure why people always ask that ?)
when you are young you strap on a pair of shoes and go out and run...you would not stretch, wear special shoes or ice your feet after....well at 36 things change... it's tough when you would like to do something and your body is screaming I don't think so....
it started in june when our trainer kicked us outside to run....then in August we decided to train for a 10km...the challenging part is finding time to get in the runs along with our gym visits. time isn't something I have a whole lot extra of...and with a few injuries along the way & with the help of physio, chiro, and "orthodics" (old people shoes inserts!:) I was able to finish it and my time improved....We are already planning for our next run in the spring...who knows maybe my old body will be able to get to the 1/2...at least i can check off something on my bucket list~10km before 40
the fall challenge was so much fun...loads of ladies from Williams Lake running and walking. I took my mom/daughter and they did the 5km walk. We also enjoyed the yummy lunch afterwards...it all supports the GR Baker Memorial Hospital Mammography Unit in Quesnel. We will be there next year!:)


1 comment:

  1. Bronwyn11.10.11

    Congrats Tammy....we are so very proud of you....love Cody and Bronwyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground