{friday favourites} spinach pie

Friday, May 13, 2011


one of our family fav's....spinach pie! To make them each individual is a pain so I've designed my own simple version. Layers of phyllo pastry with a yummy centre!
centre; onions- usually white onion but the purple that I had on hand worked great too! fry these till soft in some butter. At least one large onion. Then mix with two packages of spinach(I use the frozen variety; thaw and drain) chop some feta cheese, one clove of garlic crushed of course, some dill, oh yes and one egg. Mix altogether. I layer the phyllo with brushing with melted butter...making lots of layers then divide mixture into 2 different layers. End with phyllo layers and more butter. bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Very yummy served the next day too!
Above was my momma's day dinner for me!~ spinach pie, quinoa salad(with peppers, onions, asparagus, feta) and souvlaki. Mmmmm...tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground