{welcome spring} thoughts...

Friday, April 1, 2011





Welcome Spring....where have you been? I've missed you so much. Warm sunshine kissing our skin, green grass sprigging up beneath the earth a gentle reminder why I love to be outside. (sorry; winter just plain fed up with you this year!) With all things new I've decided to step up some things for 2011...my sort of new year resolutions of sort...
1. blogging; you will find more posts on a variety of topics of things I love....from cooking, kids, creative ideas, go green ideas and of course photography!~
2. health; I've been struggling with my health for a while lately.  Happy to say that I think I will be on the road to more energy.  I'm staying positive that in the next few months my energy levels will be returning! (with the help of weekly blood donations:)
3. strong: while trying to figure out my health I decided that it might be a great idea to get back into an exercise routine. After being a momma and pregnant to three...I haven't made time for this. I started back in October with a great personal trainer. It's a huge time and financial commitment~ 3 times a week for at least 1 1/2 hours. I feel so much stronger and weekly see my progress. I'm thrilled to be able to do "boy" pushups!!! I've only had to miss one appt due to sick kids.
4. family time; after spending a month away together this winter we realize how much we miss our family time together. Kent and I are making a huge effort to "just say no". We both tend to take on too many extra activities...mostly me! But who's counting.  This in turn takes away from the simple life we are yearning for. As I type this I realize my oldest is almost 8 and my baby almost 3!~ times seems to be slipping past us too quickly.
5. creative outlets; I enjoy way too many hobbies. I'm lucky that my girls (and Grady) enjoy them along side me. We have been spending lots more time lately doing these things together. from sewing,cooking,scrapbooking, baking, knitting, soap making and photography.  I plan to take my extra time that I would have spent volunteering to spend doing these things with my girls.
6. photography; I continue to spend time developing this creative outlet. I've been to two great workshops/ conferences this year alone. Photography has always been a huge part of my life. I treasure photos along with the stories they capture... I continue plugging away on the business end of things. I am careful to not let this over-run our busy life and choose to only take on a select amount of clients. In a few years all the kids will be in school and I presume I will have more time to pursue a busy schedule.
7. business; working from home has sooo many challenges. it is so easy to put it off for another day. For 2011 I wish to keep on top of things on this front. I've slightly increased my daycare days for Grady so that I don't have to spend evenings working on things. I feel confident that I will be more organized and set for the busy field season ahead of us. This will make more time for Kent to spend with us if I can keep on top of the bookwork. We have a new system with our accountant which hopefully be more efficient.
8. budget: this is my personal plight to keep on budget in our day to day expenses...it is amazing what our grocery bill has become in the last few years. Of course I could choose to eat crappy food and save money. But we love the good stuff; fresh fruit and vegies along with yummy seafood, fish and healthy baked snacks. These things cost!~ so without forsaking our healthy lifestyle I'm trying to cut down else where. Eating out is a pricey venture for us these days. The girls don't usually eat off the kids menu...they prefer that wrap and salad like I'm having. Kent prefers my cooking to most restaurants....(Unless its for wings and beer!:) So heres to thrifty healthy eating!

wow I think I've covered most of the bases...my sleepiness/fuzzy head is kicking in so I better sign off and head to bed.

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
       - Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground